These 10 tips are the hidden gems, secrets, and guideposts that I’ve uncovered in the 15 plus years I’ve been supplying new, unique and fresh Promotional Merchandise. Follow these best practices to ensure your trade show stand is a hub of meaningful activity:
- Invent a great product demo to do in your booth, to pull in attendees, get them involved, and start valuable conversations.
- Giveaways are worthwhile because they get more people to enter your booth and help you to be remembered after the show, but can attract the wrong people if their appeal is too broad and beyond your target market.
- Set client and top prospect meetings in advance if at all possible, by offering them something of value such as a gift, access to decision makers, or exclusive information.
- Promotions are great conversation starters — but your booth staffers have to keep the conversation going, rather than let the prospect walk off.
- Discounts and show specials help you close the deal when you get rare face-to-face time with hard-to-reach prospects.
- It’s a guy thing: Choose giveaways and promotions that appeal to the demographics of your target audience.
- Assertive, friendly, and persistent crowd gatherers are worth their weight in gold-dipped foam stress balls.
- Before the show, reach out to attendees at minimum with email that offers something of value, potentially with direct mail, and for top prospects, by personal telephone calls.
- Put more effort into social media for trade show promotions — but only when you are already maximizing traditional pre-show and at-show promotions. Your social media efforts should be proportionate to the social-media adaption rate of your target audience.
- Giveaways that tie into your marketing message are much more memorable after the show.
Speak with Rod and the team at Image Worx Promotional Merchandise for those unique ideas that will assist in your next event, or call direct 03 8560 3722